College Preparation Timeline For Tri-Cities Prep Students
Freshman & Sophomore Year
- Start building your college resume: Look for volunteer opportunities, service-learning and extra-curricular activities to demonstrate commitment
- Look to participate in a college summer program to explore possible career interest.
- Fall (early October) PSATs are administered by Prep staff for all juniors
- College admission counselors come to Prep. Visits are from 2:50 – 3:20. Check the calendar for these presentations.
- SAT testing begins early May.
- Familiarize yourself with Collegeboard.com
- Plan college campus visits
- Get to know Prep College Advisor, Mrs. Finch
- Students can re-take the SATs (or take them for the first time if they didn’t take them in the spring)
- Senior Application Day: This day is scheduled early in October – Only Seniors go to Prep on this day where the faculty helps them complete applications
- College-Apply early! November 15th is your target date
- Application for the FAFSA begins October 1st. Get your pin number set up. Visit: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Check back under College Counselor for a listing of college visits at Prep and upcoming local scholarships application deadlines
- Work on your college application essays – enlist the help of a parent/teacher/friend to edit
- Visit college campuses
- May 1st is the deadline to make your college decision